Area Agencies Help Promote Healthy Lifestyles at SUNY Canton
CANTON, NY (10/17/2016)(readMedia)-- Area agencies and campus resources will be showcased at SUNY Canton's Fall Health Fair.
The Health Fair will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 25 in the Richard W. Miller Campus Center's Room 212. The event is free and open to the public. The first 100 students at the event will receive a free backpack.
"Our Green Dot program and our on-campus EMS squad will both have a table at this year's health fair," said Health Educator and Wellness Coordinator Farren C. Lobdell. "Both new programs will display alongside more than 30 area organizations, businesses and community resources that emphasize or encourage health or healthy lifestyle choices."
The college adopted Green Dot, which trains students, faculty and staff how to stop sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking by intervening before a situation gets out of hand. The college's student EMS program is new this year and provides basic support for on-campus medical emergencies.
Among the exhibitors at this year's SUNY Canton Health Fair are:
- ACR Health
- Acupuncture by Design
- Alzheimer's Association
- Body Shop Fitness and Salon
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Community Health Center of the North Country
- Fidelis Care
- Health Initiative
- Healthy Way
- Hospice and Palliative Care of St. Lawrence Valley
- Kinney Drugs
- Mary Kay
- North Country Prenatal/Perinatal Council
- Paula Youmell, RN
- Planned Parenthood of the North Country, New York
- Potsdam Food Co-op
- Reachout Crisis and Information Hotline
- Renewal House
- Rose Hill Treatment Center
- Seaway Parkinson's Coalition
- Seaway Valley Prevention Council
- St. Lawrence County Traffic Safety Program
- St. Lawrence County Public Health Department
- St. Lawrence County Office for the Aging
- State Hearing & Audiology, PC
- Syracuse VA Medical Center
- United Health Care
- Watertown Vet Center's Mobile Veteran's Unit
- Young Living Essential Oils
Additionally, students from the college's Health and Fitness Promotion program will be providing health screenings and students from the Physical Therapist Assistant program will be offering free mini-massages.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton is Northern New York's premier college for career-driven bachelor's degrees, associate degrees and professional certificate programs. The college delivers quality hands-on programs in engineering technology, health, management and public service and recently received number one rankings in library resources, library services and tutoring services in the SUNY Student Opinion Survey. The college's faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as nine exclusively online bachelor's degrees. The college's 15 athletic teams compete as members of the NCAA Division III.