Buena Vista University Announces New National Alumni Association Board Members
STORM LAKE, IA (07/06/2018) (readMedia)-- The Buena Vista University (BVU) National Alumni Association has elected six new members to its board. The board members include:
• Brad Behrens of Ankeny, Iowa, a 2000 graduate of BVU and compliance consultant at Wells Fargo Compliance.
• Shelby Bleeker of Minneapolis, Minn., a 2012 graduate of BVU and human resources recruiter at the Associated Clinic of Psychology.
• Adam Boeding of Urbandale, Iowa, a 1997 graduate of BVU and regional president at First American Bank.
• Chris Hansen of Storm Lake, Iowa, who attended BVU for three years of his undergraduate studies before graduating from the University of Iowa College of Dentistry in 2008. Hansen is a dentist at Family Dental Center.
• Kyle Miller of Sioux City, Iowa, a 2005 graduate of BVU and software engineer/architect at Indigenous Software.
• Shawn Semerad of Omaha, Neb., a 1996 graduate of BVU and financial reporting supervisor at Peter Kiewit Sons', Inc.
In addition, two members were elected to leadership positions on the board. Michael Jacobson, a 2006 graduate of BVU, will serve as chair; and Ariane (Sundean) Criger, a 2002 graduate of BVU, will be vice-chair.
Election to the alumni board is an honor accorded to alumni leaders who have demonstrated their dedication to the advancement of the institution. The board can have a maximum of 30 members who serve staggered three-year terms. They offer advice, volunteer service, and financial support to the University.
About Buena Vista University
Since 1891, Buena Vista University has prepared students for lifelong success and blends liberal arts with real-world applications. Our traditional campus on the shores of Storm Lake hosts students in a variety of majors and pre-professional programs, including elementary, secondary, and special education; business and accounting; and biological and chemical sciences. Our 16 degree-completion locations, online, and graduate programs expand student potential with a pace and academic rigor designed for working adults and a variety of class formats that make scheduling even more convenient. With an average scholarship of more than 50 percent off of tuition, BVU is an affordable option for all students. Visit www.bvu.edu.