Cookout Champions Crowned at the Fair
DES MOINES, IA (08/17/2019) (readMedia)-- Troy Anderson of Hamilton County was crowned Cookout Champion in the 55th annual Farm Bureau Cookout Contest judged Tuesday at the 2019 Iowa State Fair.
Additional results below:
1) Troy Anderson, Hamilton Co.
2) Bob Carson, Lee Co.
1) Shannon Glaser, Adair Co.
1) Jared Merchant, Benton Co.
2) Shane Lindstrom, Hamilton Co
1) Mike Anderson, Madison Co.
2) Bob Peplin, Adair Co.
1) Ben Zehr, Iowa Co.
2) Jack Stamper, Adair Co.
1) Scott Degenette, Boone Co.
2) Duran Barlow, Hamilton Co.
1) Wyatt Lewis, Story Co.
1) Sean McDermott and Kyle Johnson, Keokuk Co.
1) Thyron Matthews, Fayette Co.
The Iowa State Fair is one of the oldest and largest agricultural and industrial expositions in the country and the single largest event in the state. The Fair began over 160 years ago and is now considered one of the best events in the nation, attracting more than one million Fairgoers every year from all over the world. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30th and East University, just off the interstate and minutes from Downtown Des Moines. Nothing Compares to State Fair Favorites: August 8-18, 2019. For more information, visit www.iowastatefair.org.