Corrected: WKCTC BOARD OF DIRECTORS SWORN IN
Five new members on the board
PADUCAH, KY (10/02/2018) West Kentucky Community and Technical College Board of Directors were sworn in Tuesday, October 2 by retired McCracken Circuit Judge Jeff Hines during the board's first meeting of the 2018-2019 year.
Larry Kelley of Bardwell was elected board chair with Deborah Edmonds also of Paducah named vice chair and new board member Donna Pearson of Murray named board secretary.
The WKCTC Board of Directors consists of 10 members, seven of whom are appointed by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and three members consisting of elected representatives from WKCTC faculty, staff, and student body.
In August, Governor Matt Bevins appointed the five new members to the WKCTC Board. They are:
- Barry R. McDonald, of Mayfield, works for Bill Adams Construction, Inc. His board term expires April 3, 2024;
- Charles R. Murphy, of Hickman, a relationship manager for River Valley Ag Credit, will serve for a term expiring April 3, 2024;
- A retired teacher and veteran, Dennis L. Lacy, of Hopkinsville, serve for a term expiring April 3, 2024;
- Donna Pearson, of Murray, is a professional safety consultant for Pearson Safety Services, LLC. She will serve for a term expiring April 3, 2019;
- Jeff A. Simms, of Princeton, is a bank loan officer for Farmers Bank and Trust. He will serve for a term expiring April 3, 2020.
Current board members' terms expire in April 2019 for Edmonds and in 2020 for Kelley. The faculty, staff and student representatives of the board are Heather Coltharp of Paducah, Summer Holland of Benton and student Jonathan Bilak of Paducah.
The Board of Directors is responsible for adopting and implementing an annual budget, approving budget requests, and evaluating the college president. The board meets about four times a year. Beginning in 2018, an additional summer meeting will be included in the schedule.