EVENT UPDATE: BVU's "The Tempest" to Take Place in Anderson Auditorium
STORM LAKE, IA (10/11/2017) (readMedia)-- Buena Vista University (BVU) Theatre will present "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare on Oct. 13 and 14 at 7 p.m. Though scheduled to be BVU's first-ever outdoor production, the show will take place in Anderson Auditorium on the BVU campus due to forecasts of low temperatures and rain.
The show is free and open to the public. Parking will be available in lots C and D, and transportation from the parking lot can be requested by calling 712-749-2500. The production has a running time of 90 minutes and children are welcome and encouraged to attend.
"The Tempest" is about Prospero, a sorcerer and the former Duke of Milan, who has been stranded on an island for 12 years with his daughter, Miranda. When Prospero finds an opportunity to seek revenge on the men who stranded him on the island, adventure and trickery ensues.
The production, which coincides with BVU's Family Weekend, is directed by David Walker, assistant professor of theatre and director of theatre productions. Taylor Prather, a senior social work major from Clarinda, is the costume designer.
The cast of BVU students and faculty includes:
• Justin Forkpa, a sophomore biomedical science and theatre double major from Urbandale
• Cole Hackbarth, a sophomore English and theatre double major from Spirit Lake
• Glenn Hackbarth, a sophomore history major from Spirit Lake
• Chancellor Johnson, a junior theatre major from Nashua
• Kylie Mahoney, a first year political science major from Saint Joseph, Mo.
• Corey McConnaughy, a senior digital media major from Bennington, Neb.
• Kylee Muyskens, a sophomore music production major from Yale
• Romelo Salas, a junior arts management major from Evergreen, Colo.
• Tara Smith, a sophomore theatre major from Kansas City, Mo.
• Dalton Walker, a first year history and political science double major from Storm Lake
• Jared White, assistant professor of Spanish
• Tanner Wood, a senior business and mathematics double major from Springfield, Mo.
About Buena Vista University
Since 1891, Buena Vista University has prepared students for lifelong success and blends liberal arts with real-world applications. Our traditional campus on the shores of Storm Lake hosts students in a variety of majors and pre-professional programs, including elementary, secondary, and special education; business and accounting; and biological and chemical sciences. Our 16 degree-completion locations, online, and graduate programs expand student potential with a pace and academic rigor designed for working adults and a variety of class formats that make scheduling even more convenient. With an average scholarship of more than 50 percent off of tuition, BVU is an affordable option for all students. Visit www.bvu.edu.