Fake Farm Fowl Took Flight in Annual State Fair Contest
DES MOINES, IA (08/19/2019) (readMedia)-- 133 contestants put their arms to the test in the annual Women's Rubber Chicken Throwing competition, held Wednesday, at the 2019 Iowa State Fair.
Complete competition results follow:
1) 60 feet - Marissa Sharp, Pella
2) 56 feet – Heidi Smith, Knoxville
3) Tie – 53 feet – Bre Waugh, Indianola
3) Tie – 53 feet – Grace Shemanski, Keota
Ages 51 and Over
1) 50 feet – Becky Reber-McAfee, Avondale, AZ
2) 49 feet – Tammy Toth, Ames
3) 47 feet – Cheryl Buck, Des Moines
The Iowa State Fair is one of the oldest and largest agricultural and industrial expositions in the country and the single largest event in the state. The Fair began over 160 years ago and is now considered one of the best events in the nation, attracting more than one million Fairgoers every year from all over the world. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30th and East University, just off the interstate and minutes from Downtown Des Moines. Nothing Compares to State Fair Favorites: August 8-18, 2019. For more information, visit www.iowastatefair.org.