Five New York Air National Guardsman assigned to Eastern Air Defense Sector Receive New Ranks
ROME, NY (02/01/2018) Maj. Gen. Anthony P. German, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of members of the New York Air National Guard's 224th Air Defense Group in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
The 224th ADG, composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector's mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), EADS is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Promoted Airmen are:
- Noah Yousey, Holley, to the rank of Master Sergeant. Yousey is an engineering operations supervisor at the 224th Support Squadron.
- Brady King, Utica, to the rank of Technical Sergeant. King is a weapons director at the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Jordan Jarecki, Sherrill, to the rank of Staff Sergeant. Jarecki is tracking technician instructor at the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Tyler Eberley, Oriskany, to the rank of Staff Sergeant. Eberley is a weapons technician with the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Garrett Reilley, Rome, to the rank of Senior Airman. Reilley is a surveillance technician with the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential.
These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
Photographs of the Airmen can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nyng/albums/72157665293955498