Kutztown University Department of History presents Students Awards, Phi Alpha Theta Initiates
Please join the Kutztown University Department of History in congratulating our award and scholarship winners and the new initiates of Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society.
Awards and scholarships:
- Exceptional Seniors: Shannon Shafnisky, Emily Murray, Emily Quigg, Isabelle Waddelow and Shiyi Ding.
- Martin Luther King Jr. History Club Award: Mitchell Oller.
- Bright and Lucille Beck Award in American History: Isabelle Waddelow.
- Anthony J. Mazzaferri Award: Jenna Sagan.
- Willits Scholarship: Sophie Hinkle.
- Victor Story Scholarship: Heily Montes.
KU's Department of History sponsors the Mu Xi Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta, the National Honor Society in History. Admission to Phi Alpha Theta is an outstanding achievement based on exceptional academic accomplishment. Phi Alpha Theta was established in 1921 at the University of Arkansas. The society currently has over 900 chapters and 350,000 members.
This year's Phi Alpha Theta initiates are Nathan Burleigh, Lucinda Damm, Caroline Fogarty, John Lukan, Nicholas Mancaruso, Matthew Miller, Erik Modig, Hannah Phillips, Genaro Robles Jr., Jenna Sagan, Madison Schuenemann, Kayla Sloan, Matthew Sutton, Julivette Torres and Madison Wickersham.
Learn more about KU's Department of History at https://www.kutztown.edu/academics/colleges-and-departments/liberal-arts-and-sciences/departments/history.html.To view these students click here: https://kutztown.meritpages.com/achievements/Kutztown-University-Department-of-History-presents-Students-Awards-Phi-Alpha-Theta-Initiates/121328