Local History Conference at GCC
Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
BATAVIA, NY (10/24/2017) What: Local History Conference at GCC
When: Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 8:30am - 3:30pm
Where: Genesee Community College, Batavia Campus
Conable Technology Building - Room T102
Who: Public and Private Historians and History Buffs Everywhere!
Background: The Genesee Community College History Club and Genesee County Federation of Historical Agencies are sponsoring a local history conference at GCC in Batavia on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM in the Conable Technology Building, Room T102, at GCC's Batavia Campus.
Public and private historians and history buffs of all ages are encouraged to register and attend!
- Registration is $25.00 and includes a box lunch, or $12.00 without a lunch.
- Registration for GCC students is $10.00 and includes a box lunch, or $5.00 without a lunch.
- Registration with a lunch will close at 11:59 PM on October 30th. Those not wishing to have lunch may register the day of the event and pay at the door.
Historical agencies and museum representatives are invited to set up displays for visitors to browse.
Conference highlights include:
- "State of History in Genesee County" by Dr. Michael Eula, Genesee County Historian
- "Tracing Lineal Heritage" by the Daughters of the Revolution
- Panelist discussion: Disaster Planning for Historical Organizations & Museums
- Lunch (for those registered with lunches) in Room T119 A&B
- Panelist discussion: Considering Confederate Statues, Memorials & Symbols
For the registration form, go to: https://gcchistoricalhorizons.wordpress.com/2017/10/05/gcc-history-club-to-sponsor-local-history-conference/
For additional information, including display arrangements, contact Prof. Derek Maxfield - email@example.com or call 585-343-0055 ext. 6288.
Additional Details: http://news.genesee.edu/news/2017/10/10/local-history-conference-set-november-4-2017