More Komets alumni joining Dec. 28 game at Trine
ANGOLA (12/20/2018) Several more Komets alumni are planning to take part in a Dec. 28 exhibition game at the Thunder Ice Arena on the Trine University campus.
In addition to the retired Komets players announced previously, the Komets alumni lineup will include:
- Kevin Bertram, a defenseman on the Komets from 2001-2005 and 2007-2010. Bertram played in 436 games for Fort Wayne, contributing 24 goals and 82 assists.
- Ryan Potts, grandson of Komets legend Reggie Primeau, who played for Fort Wayne from 1960-69. A member of the Komets Hall of Fame, Primeau helped the team to Turner Cup championships in 1963 and 1965. Potts also played briefly for the Komets during the 2008-09 season.
- Martin Burgers, a defenseman for the Komets during the 1982-83 season and from 1987-89. In 155 games for Fort Wayne, Burgers contributed eight goals and 21 assists.
- P.C. Drouin, a left wing who played 411 games for the Komets from 2004-06 and 2007-10, contributing 145 goals and 307 assists. He also played three games for the NHL's Boston Bruins.
- Komet PA announcer Larry Schmidt, who will play and also announce the teams prior to the game.
- Kevin Irons, son of Komet Hall of Famer Robbie Irons. Kevin is athletic director at East Noble Middle School. Robbie Irons, as previously announced, will coach the alumni team.
The Komets alumni will face a house team including Trine University and Trine Youth Hockey League coaches and members of the ice arena's men's league. The game begins at 7:30 p.m., with tickets available for $12 each using a link at thundericearena.com.
For more information, visit thundericearena.com.