New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Opposes Frank Skartados in 100th Assembly District
TROY, NY (03/13/2012)(readMedia)-- With the upcoming special election in the 100th Assembly District, the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association would like to remind everyone of Frank Skartados' voting record on Second Amendment issues from 2009 to 2010:
• Voted FOR A-801, requiring handgun owners pay for renewing their licenses every five years.
• Voted FOR A-1326, mandating handguns be made more difficult to operate safely and shoot accurately.
• Voted FOR A-5844, prohibiting keeping firearms accessible in the home for self-defense.
• Voted FOR A-6157, prohibiting virtually all self-loading firearms which can accept detachable magazines.
• Voted FOR A-6468, prohibiting all new handguns which do not incorporate unworkable microstamping technology.
"Frank Skartados clearly does not support our civil rights," said NYSRPA President Tom King. "District residents should keep this in mind when casting their ballot next week."