SUNY Canton Announces Newest Faculty Hires
CANTON, NY (09/29/2016)(readMedia)-- SUNY Canton welcomes more than a dozen new faculty members for the fall 2016 semester.
The college's most recent appointments include:
- Marcy L. Blackmer of Cranberry Lake was hired as an instructor in the Nursing Department.
- David Button of Canton was appointed as a lecturer in the Business Department. Button previously served as an adjunct instructor at the college.
- Michelle Currier of Massena was appointed as a lecturer in the Criminal Justice Department. Currier was formerly the director of library services at the college.
- Jennie H. Flanagan of Hermon was appointed as a lecturer in the Business Department. Flanagan previously served as an adjunct instructor for the college's Health Services Management program.
- Christina Lesyk of Norwood was appointed as a lecturer in the Social Sciences Department, which includes the popular Applied Psychology program. Lesyk has been an adjunct instructor and has helped create courses related to hospitality.
- Ran Li of Potsdam joins the college as an assistant professor and will be teaching in the Accounting program.
- William A. Myers, Ph.D., of Marion was hired as an assistant professor and will be teaching in the Business Department.
- Ann E. Petroccione of Canton was hired as an instructor for the college's Nursing program.
- Kibria K. Roman of Urbana, Ill., was hired as an instructor in the Alternative and Renewable Energy Systems program.
- Charles M. Russo of Stafford, Va., was hired as an instructor in the Criminal Justice program. Russo previously worked for the FBI.
- Shuting Wang of Potsdam was hired as an instructor in the Business Department.
- Barat Wolfe, Ph.D., of Canton was hired as an Assistant Professor and will be teaching in the Applied Psychology program.
- Holly A. Young of Lisbon was hired as an instructor in the Nursing program.
The college also recently hired approximately 30 new professional or classified staff members and secured 11 new adjunct faculty positions.
About SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton is Northern New York's premier college for career-driven bachelor's degrees, associate degrees and professional certificate programs. The college delivers quality hands-on programs in engineering technology, health, management and public service and recently received number one rankings in library resources, library services and tutoring services in the SUNY Student Opinion Survey. The college's faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as nine exclusively online bachelor's degrees. The college's 15 athletic teams compete as members of the NCAA Division III.
Photo Caption - SUNY Canton's newest faculty members at an orientation workshop. Pictured are (L to R) in the back row: Michelle Currier, lecturer, Criminal Justice; Kebbyn Giffin, adjunct instructor, Heating and Plumbing Service; Prabhjot Singh, adjunct instructor, Science; William A. Myers, assistant professor, Business Administration; Charles M. Russo, lecturer, Criminal Justice; and Martin J. Wimmer, adjunct instructor, humanities. In the front row are: Marcy L. Blackmer, instructor, Nursing; Ann E. Petroccione, instructor, Nursing; Summer Dorr, adjunct instructor, humanities; Holly A. Young, instructor, Nursing; Jenna R. Stutzman, lecturer, Nursing; Cynthia A. Eyler, adjunct instructor, Legal Studies; Ran Li, Assistant Professor, Accounting.