Treasurer Smith Gives a Top 10 Preview of New Unclaimed Properties in Cerro Gordo County
DES MOINES, IA (08/15/2023) (readMedia)-- Before the Great Iowa Treasure Hunt releases its fall publication of recently added names, State Treasurer Roby Smith is providing a sneak peek of the top 10 newest unclaimed properties in Cerro Gordo County. "Be on the lookout for the full list coming soon," said Smith. "But before we publish the entire list of new names, I'd like to give a preview for Cerro Gordo County."
Top 10 Unclaimed Properties in Cerro Gordo County:
1. Donna P Hutchens & Margaret Hutchens $15,100.93
2. Dolph Miller $13,414.00
3. Leona O Erskine $13,414.00
4. Viola M Kessler Estate $11,170.30
5. Mercy Medical Center $8,179.57
6. Danny P Sinnott $6,917.27
7. Estate of Rochelle G Havig $5,459.22
8. Drew J Thompson & Consumer Portfolio Services Inc $5,452.30
9. Anna M Bolinger $4,541.05
10. David E Janssen, Sara Janssen & First Citizens Bank $4,132.09
Each year, the Treasurer's Office receives thousands of properties from financial institutions and businesses that have lost contact with the owners. The upcoming Great Iowa Treasure Hunt fall publication will have the most recent names listed in newspapers across the state in an effort to reunite owners and heirs with their lost property. Currently, the Treasurer's Office is holding more than $485 million for current and former Iowans.
"Our goal is to reunite as many owners with their unclaimed properties as possible," Smith stated. "Curious to see if you or someone you know is on our list? You don't have to wait for the fall publication! Visit GreatIowaTreasureHunt.gov to search your name, the names of relatives and friends or the names of your favorite businesses to see who's on our list. It's free and easy!"