Trine Chamber Orchestra, Choir present free concert Oct. 29
ANGOLA (10/23/2017) The Trine University Chamber Orchestra and University Choir will present a free concert beginning at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 29, in Ryan Concert Hall of T. Furth Center for Performing Arts.
The concert is open to the public.
The Chamber Orchestra, directed by Prof. Mark Kays, chair of Trine's Department of Music, will present "Broadway Through the Decades!" which includes the following selections:
- "The Sound of Music" by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II (1965)
- "The Phantom of the Opera" by Andrew Lloyd Webber (1986)
- "Miss Saigon" by Claude-Michel Schonberg and Alain Boublil (1991)
- "Wicked" by Stephen Schwartz (2003)
The Trine University Choir, directed by Geoffrey North, D.M., will present "Our Global Community," featuring folk or folk-inspired music from around the world. Selections include:
- "Adiemus" by Karl Jenkins
- "Gabi Gabi" by William Powell
- "Famine Song" by VIDA, arranged by Matthew Culloton
- "Together We Are!" by Brian Tate
- "Dry Bones," arranged by Livingston Gearhart
- "Shenandoah," traditional American folk song
- "Danny Boy," arranged by Joseph Flummerfelt
- "Chindia" by Alexandru Pascanu
For more information, contact Kays at (260) 665-8096.