Wilkes University Hosts Second Annual Wyoming Valley Undergraduate History Conference, Feb. 21
WILKES-BARRE, PA (02/12/2018) The Wilkes University history department will host the second annual Wyoming Valley Undergraduate History Conference on Feb. 21. The conference will take place from 4-7 p.m. in the Cohen Science Center, 140 S. River St., Wilkes-Barre. The conference features research presentations by 11 students from four colleges and universities. In addition to Wilkes, participating schools include Kings College, Marywood University and University of Scranton. The conference is free and open to the public.
The Wilkes students presenting research are:
- Nicole Kolessar, "The Female Experience in Native American Off-Reservation Boarding Schools"
- Mackenzie Egan, "How Catharine Beecher and Harriet Beecher Stowe Changed Lives of Nineteenth Century Women"
- Courtney McMonagle, "The Magic of Reformation Era Europe: Witchcraft and the Courts"
- Mauri Bohan, "Project MK Ultra: Human Rights and Ethical Concerns during the Cold War"
- Robbie Petrovich, "Fast Food in the US"
- Patrick Gilhooley, "Poland: How Religious and Cultural Toleration Shaped a Thriving Nation"
About Wilkes University:
Wilkes University is an independent institution of higher education dedicated to academic and intellectual excellence through mentoring in the liberal arts, sciences and professional programs. Founded in 1933, the university is on a mission to create one of the great small universities, offering all of the programs, activities and opportunities of a large, research university in the intimate, caring and mentoring environment of a small, liberal arts college, at a cost that is increasingly competitive with public universities. The Economist named Wilkes 25th in the nation for the value of its education for graduates. In addition to 43 bachelor's degree programs, Wilkes offers 25 master's degree programs and five doctoral/terminal degree programs, including the doctor of philosophy in nursing, doctor of nursing practice, doctor of education, doctor of pharmacy, and master of fine arts in creative writing. Learn more at www.wilkes.edu.