STORM LAKE, IA (07/06/2017) (readMedia)-- The Buena Vista University (BVU) National Alumni Association has elected nine new members to its board. The board members include:
• Laura (Hilby) Currie of Grimes, Iowa, a 2012 graduate of BVU and assurance supervisor at RSM US LLP.
• Mindi (Becker) Dayton, DPM, of Ankeny, Iowa, a 2001 graduate of BVU and adjunct professor at Des Moines University-College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. Dayton is also the owner of WineStyles Tasting Station in Ankeny.
• Margo (Muhlbauer) Hansen of Dunlap, Iowa, a 2010 graduate of BVU and CPA at NuStyle Development and Mahoney & Gotto Company.
• Andy Hodges of Adel, Iowa, a 2002 graduate of BVU and vice president at Signature Commercial Real Estate.
• Brandon Johnson of Kansas City, Mo., a 2004 graduate of BVU and vice president for enrollment management & athletics at Avila University.
• Jessica (Larson) Mathisen, PA, of Urbandale, Iowa, a 2004 graduate of BVU and physician assistant at Iowa Kidney Physicians.
• Daniel Padilla of Omaha, Neb., a 2006 graduate of BVU and project analyst at Union Pacific.
• Dawnielle Smith of Chicago, a 2008 graduate of BVU and dean of students/assistant principal at Washington-McKinley School in Chicago Heights School District 170.
• Sam Wooden of Galena, Ill., a 2007 graduate of BVU and attorney at Reynolds & Kenline LLP.
Election to the alumni board is an honor accorded to alumni leaders who have demonstrated their dedication to the advancement of the institution. The board can have a maximum of 30 members who serve staggered three-year terms. They offer advice, volunteer service and financial support to the University.
About Buena Vista University
Since 1891, Buena Vista University has prepared students for lifelong success and blends liberal arts with real-world applications. Our traditional campus on the shores of Storm Lake hosts students in a variety of majors and pre-professional programs, including elementary, secondary, and special education; business and accounting; and biological and chemical sciences. Our 16 degree-completion locations, online, and graduate programs expand student potential with a pace and academic rigor designed for working adults and a variety of class formats that make scheduling even more convenient. With an average scholarship of more than 50 percent off of tuition, BVU is an affordable option for all students. Visit www.bvu.edu.