Crane Candlelight Concerts to be Broadcast on Public Television and Radio
Crane Candlelight Concerts Featured in Local Broadcasts on Mountain Lake PBS, North Country Public Radio & WPBS This Year
- Students in the Crane Symphony Orchestra's brass section don Santa hats during the 2018 Crane Candlelight Concerts.
- Singers share a smile during the 2018 Crane Candlelight Concerts at SUNY Potsdam's Crane School of Music.
- Film crews from Mountain Lake PBS were on hand to record this year's Crane Candlelight Concerts. The station's president and CEO, Bill McColgan, joined the camera crew for this year's performance (seen here). The production will broadcast for the first ti
POTSDAM, NY (12/03/2018) The 2018 Crane Candlelight Concerts at SUNY Potsdam's Crane School of Music brought together more than 250 student musicians and special guest performers to usher in the holiday season this past weekend.
For those who missed the show or want to experience the magic again, there's good news -- Crane Candlelight Concerts will be broadcast throughout the region on public television and public radio again this year.
Mountain Lake PBS filmed this year's concerts for a nationally syndicated public television broadcast. The show will premiere locally on Monday, Dec. 17 at 9 p.m. on Mountain Lake PBS.
North Country Public Radio will broadcast high-quality audio from the concert on Christmas Day, at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 25.
Want to experience past performances as well? WPBS has syndicated last year's concert to present throughout the U.S. and Canada this holiday season.
In the North Country, WPBS will present the 2017 Crane Candlelight Concert, "Let Us All Be Merry," with four broadcasts in December. The WPBS broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Dec. 17 at 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 23 at 4 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 24 at 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 25 at 3 p.m.
The annual Crane School of Music holiday celebration performances are a major highlight of the Crane concert season, attracting hundreds of concertgoers each year. The holiday concert tradition began in the 1930s, at what was then the Crane Institute of Music at Potsdam Normal School, and has continued to grow in prominence ever since.
To see previous Crane Candlelight Concerts online, visit http://www.pbs.org/show/crane-candlelight-concert.
About The Crane School of Music:
Founded in 1886, SUNY Potsdam's Crane School of Music has a long legacy of excellence in music education and performance. Life at Crane includes an incredible array of more than 300 recitals, lectures and concerts presented by faculty, students and guests each year. The Crane School of Music is the State University of New York's only All-Steinway institution. For more information, please visit http://www.potsdam.edu/crane.