Excelsior Scholarship Program Deadline Fast Approaching
Applications Due by Friday, July 21st
BATAVIA, NY (07/18/2017) Officials at Genesee Community College would like to remind local citizens that the deadline for the New York State Excelsior Scholarship Program is Friday, July 21, 2017 with all applications for the 2017-2018 academic year due this Friday. Qualified students interested in taking advantage of the program for the upcoming fall semester must:
- Be residents of New York State
- Plan to attend a SUNY (or CUNY) two- or four-year degree program
- Maintain good academic standing
- Complete 30 credits per year and make timely progress toward graduation
- Be on track to graduate with an associate degree in two years or a bachelor's degree in four years
To apply, new or returning college students must have copies of their 2015 New York State income tax return(s), current unofficial academic transcript showing credits earned each year, and the most recent financial aid package and/or 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (SAR) available will aid in the application process.
When fully implemented, the Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other aid programs, is expected to allow 200,000 students to attend a State University of New York (SUNY) college tuition-free. Tuition-free college can begin this fall 2017 semester for students whose families make up to $100,000 annually and extend to those making $125,000 annually by 2019. To apply for the Excelsior Scholarship or obtain further information, visit www.HESC.ny.gov.
Alternatively, the new Student Success Center at GCC's Batavia Campus is now OPEN! New students can also attend a START (Student Testing Advisement Registration Tuition) Day to take care of all of the necessary steps to gain admittance to GCC. Students can meet with one of the College's new success coaches who offer assistance every step of the way! Anyone in need of assistance filing for FAFSA should bring 2015 tax information.
START Days are scheduled every Monday and Wednesday through July 31, 2017 from 1 - 4 p.m. at all GCC campus locations. To schedule an appointment, call the Student Success Center at (585) 345-6805 or the campus location nearest to you.
The fall semester at GCC officially begins on Monday, August 21, 2017! The full semester of courses runs for 16 weeks, and classes are available at all of GCC's seven campus locations, as well as online.
- Albion, 456 West Avenue /585-589-4936
- Arcade, 25 Edward Street / 585-492-5265
- Batavia, One College Road / 585-345-6800
- Dansville, 31 Clara Barton Street/ 585-335-7820
- Lima, 7285 Gale Road / 585-582-1226
- Medina, 11470 Maple Ridge Road / 585-798-1688
- Warsaw, 115 Linwood Avenue / 585-786-3010
- Online, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.genesee.edu/offices/online/ / 585-345-6969
With GCC's extensive offering of class times and locations, students of all ages can pick the right time, day or place that meets their needs and suits their schedules. To apply online for classes at any Genesee Community College campus location, students can go to the College's Admission webpage at http://www.genesee.edu/Admissions or call the Admissions office at 585-345-6800.
For more information, contact Marketing Communications Associate Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: email@example.com.
# # #