TICONDEROGA, NY (09/25/2013)(readMedia)-- Essex County residents can get free testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) at Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson on Wednesday, October 9 and 23. You don't need to be a Planned Parenthood patient to get tested. Located at 171 Lake George Avenue in Ticonderoga, the Planned Parenthood health center is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Walk-ins welcome (first-come,first-served), however you're encouraged to call 518.792.0994 and reserve an appointment time.
STI testing is quick, easy, and confidential.
• STI testing can be as simple as peeing in a cup - for men and women.
• HIV oral test with results in just 20 minutes.
Did you know?
• The most common symptom of a sexually transmitted infections is no symptom.
• As many as one in two sexually active young people will get an STI - and most won't know it. If you're having sex, you might be at risk. Get tested. It's quick, easy, and confidential.
• Undiagnosed and untreated, STIs can cause serious health problems.
• All STIs can be treated and most can be cured.
About Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson, Inc.
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson specializes in providing reproductive health services and sexuality education. PPMH serves 20,000 women, men and teens at its health centers located in: Amsterdam, Clifton Park, Cobleskill, Glens Falls, Johnstown, Oneida, Rome, Saratoga, Schenectady, Ticonderoga, and Utica. At the local, state and national level, PPMH advocates for reproductive rights and equality in public policy.