GCC's BEST Center Takes Supply Chain Managers to the Next Level
BATAVIA, NY (02/09/2018) The BEST Center at Genesee Community College is constantly developing new certificate programs and training opportunities to support the ever-changing needs of the local and global workforce. With the explosion of online marketplaces many have found themselves in supply-chain management roles.
The BEST Center's Supply Chain for Managers Certificate program has been geared specifically to take the seasoned supply-chain manager to the next level. The 30-hour program is taught by experienced instructors with a detailed, working knowledge of the entire supply chain management process which impacts every industry-from healthcare to agriculture, manufacturing to the military, IT to retail and beyond.
The course costs $995 and takes place on 10 Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., March 1 through May 3, 2018 at GCC's Batavia Campus. Registration deadline is February 22, 2018!
The Supply Chain for Managers Certificate Program will focus on various key aspects of the supply-chain manager's responsibilities:
- Logistics - This module will encompass warehousing, transportation management, organizational and managerial issues and information technology systems.
- Inventory and Purchasing - Focused on inventory control, forecasting, international purchasing, vendor management and product seasonality, this module builds on the manager's knowledge and experience.
- Operations - In addition to product and purchasing, the supply-chain manager needs to manage his or her team. This module covers making changes, staff and production performance measurement, and employee motivation.
- Quality - This module covers the necessary quality-control measures including LEAN, Six Sigma and TQM.
- Strategic Management - Critical to the supply-chain manager's role is the ability to manage through changes. This module covers communication and project management for change, customer service, sustainability and more.
The certificate program concludes with a capstone project designed to demonstrate the application of the skills, techniques and practices learned during the course. This project could be connected to an actual workplace challenge.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however, it is recommended for seasoned supply-chain managers. Additional information is available at https://www.genesee.edu/cms/best/development/certificate-programs/supply-chain-for-managers-certificate/. All participants can register under "View our classes now" at www.genesee.edu/best.
For more information, contact Marketing Communications Associate Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #