Genesee Community College Doubles Alumni Council Membership and Focuses on Engagement
BATAVIA, NY (12/07/2018) Seven new individuals have been appointed to Genesee Community College's Alumni Council making the council 12 members strong. With the added representation, the council intends to focus on alumni engagement opportunities in the coming year.
Established in 2014, the Alumni Council is comprised of alumni, staff or faculty who believe in GCC's mission, the education it provides to its students, and the critical role GCC plays in the future of the GLOW region, and beyond. Council members volunteer their time to plan and participate in alumni events and fundraising, and serve to represent the needs and interests of the alumni community as a standing committee of the Board of Directors of the Genesee Community College Foundation.
Officially joining the council in December are:
- Wesley Bedford, GCC class of '06, Business Banker Relationship Manager at M&T Bank in Orleans County, NY
- Christine Belongia, GCC class of '90, GCC Professor Teacher Education
- Trace George, GCC class of '95, CEO of VSP Graphic Group in West Seneca, NY
- Michelle Grohs, GCC class of '93, Director of Surgical Services, Wyoming County Community Hospital in Warsaw, NY
- Roger Klatt, GCC class of '82, Retired Superintendent of Roy-Hart and Barker Central Schools in Barker, NY
- Dr. John McGowan, GCC class of '85, director at The BEST (Business and Employee Skills Training) Center at GCC
- Randy Mutt, GCC class of 2013, GCC Coach and alumnus from Puerto Rico.
Continuing to serve on the Alumni Council are:
- Robert (Bob) Bennett, GCC class of '74, Alumni Council Chairperson
- Lynn Carlton, GCC class of '79, Trust Administration Officer at Canandaigua National Bank
- Brian Daviau, GCC class of '81, Retired Accounting Manager at Markin Tubing
- Gina Giese, GCC class of '91, Retail Regional Manager at M&T Bank
- Patti Michalak, GCC class of '70, Councilwoman in the Town of Batavia
Serving as a new ex-officio member until his graduation from GCC in May of 2019, will be Economics student, Dennis Austin of Chicago, IL. Austin will provide a current student perspective to the council in an effort to boost alumni engagement. The council intends to continue to have student representation even after Austin graduates.
For more information, contact Marketing Communications Associate Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
If you are interested in photographs of the Alumni Council members, please contact Marketing Communications Associate Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: email@example.com.