POTSDAM, NY (09/01/2017) (readMedia)-- SUNY Potsdam Geology Professor Emeritus Dr. Frank Revetta will offer 14 free planetarium shows this fall at SUNY Potsdam's Stowell Hall.
All are welcome to attend these free educational events, so please mark your calendars!
Planetarium shows are held every Thursday afternoon at 4 p.m., in the College's planetarium, located in the basement of Stowell Hall. Each show lasts about 45 minutes, and guests of all ages are welcome.
Attendees are encouraged to arrive early, because once the show begins, the door is locked. Please note that no food or drink are allowed in the planetarium and, as darkness is required, cell phones cannot be used during the show. Free parking is available in Lot 6, near Kellas Hall.
The Fall 2017 planetarium show schedule is as follows:
• Sept. 7: "Circumpolar Constellations"
• Sept. 14: "North Star (Polaris)"
• Sept. 21: "Spring & Summer Constellations"
• Sept. 28: "Winter Constellations"
• Oct. 5: "Brightest Stars"
• Oct. 12: "Worldwide Constellations"
• Oct. 19: "How Astronomers Locate Stars"
• Oct. 26: "Solstices and Equinoxes"
• Nov. 2: "The Sun's Path"
• Nov. 9: "The Seasons"
• Nov. 16: "Constellations of the Zodiac"
• Nov. 30: "Using Big Dipper to Locate Constellations"
• Dec. 7: "The Sky This Week"
• Dec. 14: "Stories of Constellations"
For more information about the planetarium shows at SUNY Potsdam's Department of Geology, please contact Frank Revetta at (315) 267-3441 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Roberta Greene at (315) 267-2286 or email@example.com.
To learn more about SUNY Potsdam's Department of Geology, visit www.potsdam.edu/academics/AAS/Geology.
Founded in 1816, The State University of New York at Potsdam is one of America's first 50 colleges-and the oldest institution within SUNY. Now in its third century, SUNY Potsdam is distinguished by a legacy of pioneering programs and educational excellence. The College currently enrolls approximately 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Home to the world-renowned Crane School of Music, SUNY Potsdam is known for its challenging liberal arts and sciences core, distinction in teacher training and culture of creativity. To learn more, visit www.potsdam.edu.