TODAY: MEDIA BRIEFING WITH RUCHO v. COMMON CAUSE PLAINTIFFS
Common Cause, League of Women Voters will take questions from reporters
NEW YORK, NY (06/27/2019) (readMedia)-- With the Supreme Court announcing today that it will be the final day of their term, we expect the court to issue decisions in two important cases challenging partisan gerrymandering (Rucho v. Common Cause and Lamone v. Benisek).
I just wanted to make sure you had Common Cause's noon press briefing call today with the plaintiffs in the two cases on your calendar. Additionally, if you are interested, I'd like to offer up Common Cause spokespeople, attorneys, and experts to discuss the case and decision on the air. The staff and attorneys that could be available for interviews include:
- Susan Lerner, executive director of Common Cause New York (available in NYC studio)
- Karen Hobert Flynn, president of Common Cause (available via Dallas, TX studio)
- Kathay Feng, national redistricting director (available via Honolulu, HI studio)
- Dan Vicuna, national redistricting manager (available via Los Angeles, CA studio)
- Suzanne Almeida, redistricting and representation counsel (available via DC studio)
- Bob Phillips, executive director of Common Cause North Carolina (available via Raleigh, NC studio)
- Paul S. Ryan, vice president for policy & litigation (available via DC studio)
- Marilyn Carpinteyro, vice president for programs & strategy (available via DC studio)
- Aaron Scherb, director of legislative affairs (available via DC studio)
On today's noon press call, our attorneys and staff will be discussing the decisions and taking questions on other legal developments in the redistricting world, including the Hofeller files and Common Cause's state-level North Carolina case, Common Cause v. Lewis. More information is below.
MEDIA BRIEFING WITH RUCHO v. COMMON CAUSE PLAINTIFFS
Media are invited to a conference call on Rucho v. Common Cause and Lamone v. Benisek today following the Supreme Court decision. The call will feature statements from the three attorneys who presented oral arguments at the Supreme Court -- Emmet Bondurant for Common Cause, Allison Riggs for the League of Women Voters of North Carolina and Michael Kimberly for the Maryland plaintiffs.
Rucho v. Common Cause and Lamone v. Benisek Press Call
DATE: Thursday, June 27, 2019
TIME: Noon ET
No need to dial in. From any device, click the Join Call link above, then simply enter your details and phone number to have the system call you. The link becomes active 15 minutes prior to start time.
The Click to Join link above is the easiest way to join the conference. You may view the access number and passcode here.