Approximately 135 Soldiers from overseas deployment return to Springfield
EMBARGOED UNTIL WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2018, AT 8:30 P.M.
SPRINGFIELD, IL (07/17/2018) (readMedia)-- Approximately 135 Soldiers from across Illinois return from deployment to the Middle East in support of Operations Spartan Shield and Inherent Resolve
Illinois Army National Guard’s 3637th Maintenance Company based in Springfield, Illinois
• This was the largest single unit deployment of Illinois Army National Guard Soldiers since 2014.
• The unit was responsible for maintenance, including support to nearly 90 units deployed to the region.
• The unit was mobilized in September 2017 and deployed to Camp Buehring, Kuwait. They had Maintenance Support Teams conducting sustainment operations in six locations in Jordan, Syria, and Egypt as well as multiple locations in Kuwait.
|WHEN:||Wednesday July 18, 2018 at 08:30PM Central Time (US & Canada)|
|WHERE:||Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport
Levi, Ray and Shoup Hanger
1200 Capital Airport Drive
Springfield, Illinois 62707
• EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION UNTIL WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2018, AT 8:30 P.M. TO PROTECT SOLDIER SAFETY
• Media should arrive 30 minutes prior to the ceremony. For additional information, contact the Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Officer at 217-761-3569 or firstname.lastname@example.org