MEDIA ADVISORY: Illinois National Guard Soldier escorts Gold Star Daughter to Father-Daughter Dance
BEACH PARK, IL (02/05/2018) (readMedia)-- Illinois Army National Guard Soldier, 1st Sgt. Joseph Bierbrodt of Sheridan, Illinois, will escort Winthrop Harbor, Illinois, kindergartener; Cayleigh Hinton to her first father-daughter dance. Her dad, Sgt. Terrence Hinton, died in a military training accident last year.
• Illinois Army National Guard Soldier, 1st Sgt. Joseph Bierbrodt of Sheridan, Illinois, with the 933rd Military Police Company in Fort Sheridan, Illinois
• 5-year old Cayleigh Hinton of Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
o Cayleigh's father, Sgt. Terrence Hinton, died in a training accident May 14, 2017 in Hawaii
o Cayleigh is described by her mom as "Daddy's little girl"
• The Patriot Guard, Beach Park Fire Protection District, Lake County Sheriff's Office, Winthrop Harbor Police and Fire Departments, and Zion Police and Fire Departments will escort Cayleigh and Bierbrodt to the dance
• Father-daughter dance
• Girls from preschool through 8th-grade invited to bring their dad or "special man in their life"
• Feb. 7; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Our Lady of Humility School, 10601 W. Wadsworth Road in Beach Park, Illinois
• Media availability: Cayleigh and her escort will arrive at the school in a limo around 6:15 p.m., escorted by local police departments, fire departments and members of the Patriot Guard. Cayleigh and her escort will talk to media in the kindergarten room of the school (adjacent to gym)
• Media are invited to stay for the first dance, but will be escorted out of the school afterward to give the attendees privacy
• Sgt. Terrence Hinton was killed when a military truck he was riding in spun out of control, hit a guardrail and overturned into a culvert. He was a member of the Active Duty Army's 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division in Oahu. Hinton enlisted in 2009 and served at Fort Campbell, Kentucky before moving to Hawaii in 2016. He deployed to Afghanistan in 2010 and Kuwait in 2014 for a total of 21 months
• For additional information, contact the Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-761-3569
Become our Facebook Fan!