MEDIA ADVISORY: Kankakee-based Illinois National Guard Helicopter, Crew Return From Hurricane Relief
Crew will be available to the media at 10 a.m. Sept. 21.
KANKAKEE, IL (09/21/2018) (readMedia)-- WHO:
• Five Illinois Army National Guard Soldiers and one UH-60 Blackhawk
• Media is invited to interview the pilots and crew who supported Hurricane Florence relief efforts in North Carolina from Sept. 13 to Sept. 20
• Sept. 21 at 10 a.m.
• Kankakee Army Aviation Support Facility
• 3200 S. Justice Way, Kankakee, IL 60901
• Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner ordered ten Illinois Army National Guard Soldiers and two helicopters to deploy to support hurricane relief efforts in North Carolina Sept 13.
• The pilots and crew from Peoria's 238th Aviation Regiment flew food, water and medical supplies to rural communities in North Carolina affected by Hurricane Florence and subsequent flooding.
• All costs associated with the deployment will be paid for by North Carolina.
• Requests for Illinois National Guard assistance were coordinated through the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC), a mutual aid agreement that allows states to request assistance from other states during emergencies.
• For more information, contact the Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office at email@example.com or 217-761-3569.
Become our Facebook Fan!