Media Advisory: Illinois Army National Guard unit mobilizes for Kuwait
Sept. 24 ceremony in Springfield for the 3637th Maintenance Company
SPRINGFIELD, IL (09/18/2017) (readMedia)-- WHO:
• Illinois Army National Guard's 3637th Maintenance Company based in Springfield, Illinois
• A deployment ceremony is scheduled for approximately 135 Soldiers who will deploy to Kuwait this fall.
• Sept. 24, 2017 at 9 a.m.
• LRS Hanger at the Springfield Capital Airport, 1200 Capital Airport Drive in Springfield, Illinois.
• This is the largest single unit deployment of Illinois Army National Guard Soldiers since 2014.
• The Soldiers will train for a brief time at Fort Hood, Texas, before deploying in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
• The unit will be responsible for maintenance, including support to nearly 40 units deployed to the region.
• The unit is expected to be deployed for approximately 10 months, returning during summer 2018.
• For more information, contact the Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-761-3569
Become our Facebook Fan!