Media Advisory: Ribbon Cutting for Illinois Army National Guard Aviation Facility and Readiness Center
Nov. 4 Ribbon Cutting in Kankakee opens new chapter for Illinois Army National Guard
KANKAKEE, IL (11/01/2017) (readMedia)-- WHO:
• Illinois Army National Guard's 106th Aviation Regiment based in Kankakee, Illinois
• Illinois Army National Guard's Company B, 935th Aviation Support Battalion in Kankakee, Illinois
• Illinois Army National Guard's Detachment 2, Company G, 1st Battalion, 111th Aviation Regiment in Kankakee, Illinois
• Ribbon cutting for Kankakee Army Aviation Support Facility and Readiness Center
• Nov. 4, 2017 at 10:30 a.m.
• Kankakee Army Aviation Support Facility and Readiness Center, 3200 S. Justice Way in Kankakee.
• The Illinois Army National Guard has built a new state-of-the-art aviation facility in a strategic location for providing support to Chicagoland and the northern part of the state.
• Public and media invited to participate in the ribbon cutting and tour the new facility.
• The $64.6 million project is one of the largest Illinois National Guard projects to date.
• The new two-story building in Kankakee includes helicopter maintenance hangar, storage hangar, classrooms and fuel distribution and fire suppression systems.
• The readiness center and flight facility will be home to approximately 130 Soldiers with Company B, 935th Aviation Support Battalion and approximately 40 Soldiers with Company B, 1st Battalion, 106th Aviation Regiment. Additionally, approximately 30 Soldiers with Detachment 2, Company G, 1st Battalion, 111th Aviation Regiment will be located at the facility.
• There are also about 40 full-time employees who work out of the facility and ten UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters stationed at the airport.
• The military installation consists of a 73,050-square-foot Readiness Center and 112,150 square-foot Army Aviation Support Facility.
• Contact the Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-761-3569.
Become our Facebook Fan!