D.C. National Guard launches new website
WASHINGTON, DC (11/02/2018) (readMedia)-- The District of Columbia National Guard launched its new public website today, as an early adopter of the Department of Defense's plan to standardize and merge its entire web content worldwide into a standardized web platform. With improved functionality, design and navigation, the new http://dc.ng.mil website is more user-friendly and intuitive and uses the latest in design and technology to offer users more information, greater flexibility and an enhanced search feature.
Advantages of the new website include:
• A modern look, cleaner layout of content, intuitive, with consistent site-wide navigation.
• Expanded technology capabilities, such as videos, RSS feeds, and more.
• Dynamic content that brings the latest news, photos and features from D.C. and around the National Guard.
"It's more than a redesign or slapping on new paint," said Director of Strategic Communications Lt. Col. Michael Odle, D.C. National Guard. "It's a complete overhaul, providing expanded information options for the public and our service members, and increasing public awareness about our role as the Capital Guardians."
The new website includes the following site enhancements:
• Improved structure and navigation: the site has been designed for intuitive navigation with a more standardized menu structure.
• Up-to-date information that is easy to access from your desktop or via mobile device.
• Enhanced search engine, providing a robust search of relevant content.
• Virtual museum dedicated to preserving the heritage of the D.C. National Guard and honoring the memories of the Soldiers and Airmen who have served.
• Social media: comment and share information via your favorite social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Instagram.
The new website will continue its evolution introducing new content and visual enhancements over the coming months.
For more information contact D.C. National Guard Public Affairs at 202-821-7181/202-685-9862