SPRINGFIELD, IL (12/01/2017) (readMedia)-- Approximately 150 Soldiers with the Illinois Army National Guard's 933rd Military Police Company based at Fort Sheridan will return to Illinois after a month-long state active duty deployment to Puerto Rico to assist with Hurricane Maria relief efforts.
• Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner
• Maj. Gen. Richard J. Hayes, The Adjutant General of the Illinois National Guard
• The Soldiers of the 933rd Military Police Company, Illinois Army National Guard
• The Airmen of the Illinois Air National Guard’s 182nd Airlift Wing and 126th Air Refueling Wing
• Return home after a month-long deployment to Puerto Rico for Hurricane Maria relief.
o Governor Rauner and Maj. Gen. Hayes will greet the Soldiers on the airfield tarmac and then thank them for helping Puerto Rico.
o Four Illinois Air National Guard aircraft, two C-130s from the 182nd Airlift Wing based in Peoria and two KC-135s from the 126th Air Refueling Wing based at Scott Air Force Base will fly the 933rd MPs from Puerto Rico to Peoria.
|WHEN:||Saturday December 02, 2017 at 03:00PM Central Time (US & Canada)|
|WHERE:||Illinois National Guard's 182nd Airlift Wing
2416 S. Falcon Blvd.
Peoria, Illinois 61607
• The airfield is on a secure military base. MEDIA MUST CONTACT THE 182nd AIRLIFT WING PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE NO LATER THAN 12 p.m. DEC. 2 FOR ACCESS. The phone number for the wing’s public affairs office is (309) 633-5119.
• Media should arrive 30 minutes prior to projected flight arrival time and be prepared for possible delays.
• For additional information, contact the Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office at email@example.com, 217-761-3569 (during business hours) or after hours or on weekends call Lt. Col. Brad Leighton at cell 217-725-2265.