Capital Guardian Youth Challenge Academy Open Enrollment Press Release
WASHINGTON, DC (05/05/2016)(readMedia)-- The District of Columbia, Capital Guardian Youth ChalleNGe Academy (DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy) has open enrollment for District of Columbia youth ages 16-18 that are in need of personal growth, self-improvement, and academic achievement. The DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy is for high school dropouts, those no longer attending, and those failing and/or truant in high school. The DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy is a highly structured military styled, non-traditional educational environment that integrates training, mentoring, tough love, and diverse educational and extracurricular activities.
The DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy is a 17.5 month program that offers at-risk youth the opportunity to get a GED after a 22-week in-resident program located in Laurel, MD. This program is an excellent opportunity for students that cannot conform to a traditional learning environment and are willing to learn but need discipline.
The DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy is offering 132 seats in the upcoming class. There is no cost for tuition, room and board, or meals. The start date for the next class is Monday, July 11, 2016. Interested candidates should apply by Friday, June 24, 2016.
The requirements for the program are as follows:
(1) 16-18 years old
(2) Must be a US Citizen or legal resident of the United States and the District of Columbia
(3) Not currently on parole or probation for anything other than juvenile offenses
(4) Physically and mentally capable to participate
(5) Young Adults that are truant dropped out or are in the process of dropping out of high school.
The DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy will be conducting two information briefings for those who want to learn more about the program. The dates are as follows:
(1) Thursday, May 12th, 10am-1pm at the MBI Health Service Center - 4130 Hunt Place NE, Washington, DC.
(2) Tuesday, June 7th, 10am-1pm at the R.I.S.E. Demonstration Center – 2730 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE, Washington, DC.
To enroll in the DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy, visit www.cgyca.org, call 202-730-1579 or email: email@example.com. For more information about the information briefings, or the DC Youth ChalleNGe Academy, please contact Ms. Yaiza Burrell at 202-730-1579, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.