SPRINGFIELD, IL (08/07/2017) (readMedia)-- WHO:
• Monticello Railway Museum and the Illinois State Military Museum
• World War I living historians
• Ride along with the Illinois State Military Museum's World War I Living History Detachment. They will ride the Monticello Railway Museum's recently restored 1907 Southern 2-8-0 steam locomotive #401.
• This event signifies the departure of Illinois Army National Guard troops to Camp Logan, Texas for mobilization training for the Great War from September to October 1917 (100 years ago).
• Private World War I collections, displays and encampment set up
• August 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Monticello Railway Museum
P.O. Box 401
992 Iron Horse Place
Monticello, IL 61856
• Steam Train Fares: Adults $14; Seniors (62 and older) $12; Children (two-12) $10; Two and under free with a paying adult.
For additional information, please contact the Illinois State Military Museum at 217-761-3910.
Become our Facebook Fan!