State Fair's 2016 Free Entertainment Lineup Features More Than 900 Live Shows in 12 Days
ST. PAUL, MINN. (05/10/2016)(readMedia)-- The 2016 Minnesota State Fair free entertainment lineup features more than 900 shows throughout the Great Minnesota Get-Together's 12-day run-all free with the price of admission. Highlights of this year's free stage lineup are below. The entire lineup of free entertainment, including additional acts, show times and artist information, is available at mnstatefair.org.
Leinie Lodge Bandshell Tonight! sponsored by Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co.:
• G. Love & Special Sauce
• Marty Stuart
• A Great Big World
• Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters
• The Spinners
Leinie Lodge Bandshell daytime entertainment sponsored by Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co.:
• Martin Family Circus
• Tonic Sol-fa
• High Valley
• Dave Barnes
• Ashley Campbell
• The Bros. Landreth
• The 34th Infantry Division "Red Bull" Band
• Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen
• We Banjo 3
• The Sound Exchange
• The Quebe Sisters
• Pokey LaFarge
• The Railers
• Max Baca & Los TexManiacs
• BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet
• Peterson Brothers
• The California Honeydrops
• The Last Bandoleros
• Tim Cavanagh
West End at Sunset at the Schell's Stage at Schilling Amphitheater sponsored by August Schell
• Reina del Cid
• Mark Olson (of The Jayhawks)
• Davina and The Vagabonds
• The Twilight Hours
• Pert' Near Sandstone
• Sonny Knight & The Lakers
Bazaar After Dark at the International Bazaar Stage sponsored by Summit Brewing Co.:
• Maiden Dixie
• The Not Guilty Band
• Viva Knievel
• Salsa del Soul
• GB Leighton
Other free entertainment venues and highlights include:
• All-Star Stunt Dogs Splash and Timberworks Lumberjack Show at The North Woods sponsored by Good Health Saunas.
• Lasertainment's Laser Hitz Show, where high-powered laser beams choreographed to hit music dance in the skies above the fairgrounds nightly at 9:15 p.m.
• Mia Dorr's Premier Karaoke in The Garden sponsored by Treasure Island Resort & Casino.
• The Daily Parade at 2 p.m. with floats, special guests and the State Fair High School Marching Band Competition.
• The Family Fair Stage at Baldwin Park sponsored by Green Mill Restaurant featuring music, dancers, comedians and jugglers for children and their families.
• The Ramberg Senior Center Stage sponsored by Cal Spas showcasing polka, oldies, bluegrass, big band music and more.
• 3rd Lair SkatePark's pros showing off skateboard and BMX bike skills at The X-Zone.
• The Festival of Nations Stage presented by The International Institute of Minnesota, a showcase of dance and instrument demonstrations from around the world.
• Arts A'Fair, a celebration of performing arts in Minnesota with dance, theater and musical showcases.
• The Amateur Talent Contest sponsored by Jack's Pizza and Minnesota State Fair County Fair Talent Contest featuring singers, dancers, jugglers and more competing for the right to be named Minnesota's top talent.
• The Giant Sing Along presented by Bremer Bank, allowing fair guests to sing along together in a field of microphones – karaoke style.
• Flippenout Extreme Trampoline Show with world-class athletes and acrobats reaching heights of more than 25 feet, from Aug. 31 - Sept. 5.
• Thank a Farmer Magic Show on the Christensen Farms Stage where children of all ages learn about the role agriculture plays in our daily lives.
• Minnesota State Fair Horse Show which includes performance, pleasure, stock and draft horses; a cutting horse competition, bull riding and polo matches all 12 days.
• Pet Center sponsored by Sam's Club showcasing Minnesota Purebred Dog Breeders Association exhibits and demonstrations, the Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association pet surgery suite, photos of animals from local humane societies that are up for adoption and more.
The Minnesota State Fair is one of the largest and best-attended expositions in the world, attracting 1.8 million visitors annually. Showcasing Minnesota's finest agriculture, art and industry, the Great Minnesota Get-Together is always 12 Days of Fun Ending Labor Day. Visit mnstatefair.org for more information. The 2016 Minnesota State Fair runs Aug. 25 - Labor Day, Sept. 5.