SPRINGFIELD, IL (07/02/2018) (readMedia)-- The Battle of Hamel at Illinois State Military Museum
• Chris McDonald, Ph.D., professor of political science at Lincoln Land Community College
• Illinois State Military Museum living historians
• The Battle of Hamel
o Presentation by Dr. McDonald
o Living historians displaying uniforms and equipment from World War I
|WHEN:||Saturday July 07, 2018 at 02:00PM Central Time (US & Canada)|
|WHERE:||Illinois State Military Museum
1301 North MacArthur Boulevard
Springfield, Illinois 62702
• On July 4, 1918, Illinois National Guard Soldiers fought alongside Soldiers from the Australian Army against Germany in the Battle of Hamel, France, during WWI.
• The Battle of Hamel was the first time Illinois Soldiers fought during WWI.
• This year marks 100 years since the Battle of Hamel first unified the United States and Australia against a common foe, creating a military partnership that has thrived for the past century.