SPRINGFIELD, IL (10/05/2017) (readMedia)-- Maj. Gen. Mika is visiting Peoria to celebrate the State Partnership Program with the Illinois National Guard. The partnership will reach its 25 year mark in 2018. Peoria Airmen and Soldiers have been a vital part of this strategic partnership, which is integral to the security of Europe and the United States as well as key to the ongoing war against terrorism. Polish and Illinois National Guard troops are deployed together in Afghanistan today and have continuously deployed together first in Iraq and now in Afghanistan since 2003.
• Polish Maj. Gen. Jaroslaw Mika, General Commander, Polish Armed Forces
• Maj. Gen. Richard J. Hayes, The Adjutant General of the Illinois National Guard
• Col. William Robertson, Commander of the Illinois Air National Guard’s 182nd Airlift Wing
• Maj. Gen. Mika is visiting Peoria to celebrate the State Partnership Program with the Illinois National Guard.
• The partnership will reach its 25-year mark in 2018. It is the most successful such partnership in the nation with the Illinois National Guard helping Poland transition from a Warsaw-pact based military to a NATO member and a vital ally.
• The 182nd Airlift Wing based in Peoria has been and continues to be a vital piece of that partnership and has been assisting the Polish military transition to C-130 aircraft.
|WHEN:||Sunday October 08, 2017 at 10:30AM Central Time (US & Canada)|
|WHERE:||182nd Airlift Wing
2416 S. Falcon Blvd
Peoria, Illinois 61607
• Media personnel who wish to participate in this event must RSVP to the Illinois Air National Guard’s 182nd Airlift Wing Public Affairs Office at 309-633-5100 no later than 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 7, to obtain base access.
• For more information, contact the Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-761-3569.