SPRINGFIELD, IL (02/28/2011)(readMedia)-- Illinois State Military Museum staff and volunteers will re-enact trench warfare skirmishes and a-day-in-the-life of WWI Soldiers.
WWI Re-enactors, Illinois State Military Museum officials and volunteers
• The grounds of the Illinois State Military Museum will be transformed into a WWI battlefield with an above ground trench and military encampment.
• Re-enactors will demonstrate raids and skirmishes around recreated trenches and fighting positions.
• There will be lectures on subjects such as Acts of Heroism and the 33rd Division.
• Indoor and outdoor exhibits will be open regardless of weather.
• Admission to the museum is free and handicap accessible.
|WHEN:||Saturday March 05, 2011 at 10:00AM Central Time (US & Canada)|
|WHERE:||Illinois State Military Museum
1301 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Springfield, Illinois 62702
The event runs Saturday March 5 at 10 a.m. through Sunday March 6 at 3 p.m.
For additional information, please contact the Illinois State Military Museum at 217-761-3910.