New York Public Transit Association (NYPTA) Hosts Transit Awareness Day
ALBANY, NY (01/28/2016)(readMedia)-- The New York Public Transit Association (NYPTA) will promote public transportation during Transit Awareness Day on Tuesday, February 2, 2016 in Albany. The highlight of the day will be a Public Transportation Summit in the Empire State Concourse, Meeting Room 6 at 1:00 pm.
New York Public Transit Association (NYPTA) and representatives from the state’s transit agencies, business partners, labor, and riders come together in Albany to meet with lawmakers to gain support for public transit and emphasize the industry’s valuable contributions to the State’s economy.
Transit Awareness Day Summit
The highlight of the day will be a Public Transportation Summit in the Empire State Concourse, Meeting Room 6 at 1:00 pm.
Transit Awareness Day Summit Participants
• Carm Basile, NYPTA President, CEO CDTA (Master of Ceremonies)
• The Honorable Joseph Robach, Chairman NYS Senate Committee on Transportation
• The Honorable David F. Gantt, Chairman, NYS Assembly Committee on Transportation (Invited)
• The Honorable James Brennan, Chair, Committee on Corporations, Authorities and Commissions
• Ron Epstein, NYS Department of Transportation
• Veronica Vanterpool, Tri State Transportation Campaign
• Corey Bixby, ATU Local 1321
• Garry Douglas, North Country Chamber of Commerce
• Kathy Sheehan, Mayor City of Albany
• Chris Boylan, Director Government and Strategic Partnerships, General Contractors Association of NY (Tentative)
• Bill Carpenter, NYPTA Vice President, CEO RGRTA
|WHEN:||Tuesday February 02, 2016 at 01:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)|
|WHERE:||Empire State Plaza Concourse
Meeting Room 6
Albany , New York
Please check in at the Registration Area.