Women in Insurance and Financial Services Elects 2012-13 Officers and Board of Directors
ALBANY, NY (10/24/2012)(readMedia)-- At the 2012 Annual Meeting held in Atlanta, GA, Women in Insurance & Financial Services (WIFS) approved its 2012-2013 Slate of Officers and Directors.
Named to the new board were the following:
- President – Theresa Schaffer (Great Western Investments & Insurance) of Watertown, SD
- President-Elect - Angelia Z. Fritter, CLTC, CLU, ChFC, LUTCF (The Fritter Group) of Glen Allen, VA
- Secretary - ShirleyAnn M. Robertson, CLTC (Prudential) of Schaumburg, IL
- Treasurer - Sara Samuels, J.D. (Northwestern Mutual) of Chicago, IL
- Immediate Past President - Karen Roberts, CLU, CHFC (Emerald Financial Group) of Deerfield Beach, FL
Directors - serving the second year of a two-year term:
- Veronica Bell (John Hancock Financial Network) of Dallas, TX
- Trisha Gallagher Boisvert (The Gallagher Group) of Bradford, MA
- Louise Frances (Godfrey Financial Associates, Inc.) of Latham, NY
- Jan Knight (Mass Mutual) of Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Judy Luddy, CLU, ChFC, CLTC (Mass Mutual) of Holyoke, MA
- Kathryn Tague (MetLife) of Somerset, NJ
Directors - Serving the first Year of a two-year term:
- Christy Aleckson, MBA (Single Point Financial Advisors) of Portland, OR
- Maia Chase (Northwestern Mutual) of Portland, OR
- Susan Combs (Combs & Company) of New York City, NY
- Pamela Gilmour, CPA, CFP®, CLU, ChFC, CASL (Guardian Life, Financial Fitness) of Baltimore, MD
- Susan Glass (New York Life) of Atlanta, GA
Research Consultant to WIFS – Arthea (Charlie) Reed, PhD, CLTC (Northwestern Mutual) of Ashville, NC
WIFS, headquartered in Albany, NY, is the preeminent professional organization for women in the financial services industry. WIFS is dedicated to attracting capable women to the financial services sector, helping them develop their talents and advancing them toward their fullest potential.
Over 1200 WIFS members receive benefits that include monthly webinars, online resources, local chapters in over 30 US markets, annual national events, professional education, member discounts, and corporate partnerships.
For more information about WIFS and upcoming programs, visit www.wifsnational.org or contact Deb Duffy, Executive Director at 866.264.9437.